Wednesday, June 18, 2014

S is for Summer

The weather is getting warmer here in Rhode Island; I think it’s safe to say that summer has officially arrived! Over the last weekend it was actually so hot in my house that I was sweating. As someone who is often cold, this means something.

As a child the summer was the best time of year because it meant no school for 3 whole months. We would go on our yearly vacations, spend countless hours outside, sleep in as late as we wanted, and didn't have to worry about anything. I miss those days; things were simpler, slower, sunnier. Perhaps I’m overly nostalgic and/or romantic, but those summers seemed to be like an iconic country song.
I can taste that honeysuckle
And it's still so sweet
When it grows wild
On the banks down at old Camp Creek
And it calls to me like a warm wind blowin' 
It's where I learned about livin'
Its where I learned about love
Its where I learned about working hard,
And having a little was just enough
It's where I learned about Jesus
And knowin' where I stand
You can take it or leave it
This is me
This is who I am
Give me a tin roof, a front porch, and a gravel road
And that's home to me, feels like home to me
- Little Big Town, "Boondocks" 
Growing up, my three sisters and I would play lots of imaginative, make-believe games outside. We made forts in the woods and pretend that we were the early American colonists and had to live off the land. We climbed trees pretending that there was a large tidal wave coming and we needed to get to higher ground. We jumped around our backyard playground pretending that the ground was lava. As we got older, we spent our summers taking walks down on the farm and in the woods, swimming at the pool, having bon fires and cookouts, laying out on our beach towels in the yard hoping to get a tan, going out to the movies, and doing a lot of babysitting.

So this summer, Timberleigh Baby has a bunch of new bright and colorful blankets. Pinks like gorgeous summer sunsets. Blues like the clear ocean water. Woodland animals like those that would roam our farmland.










All of these blankets (and more!) are now available on my Etsy shop!

No comments :

Post a Comment