Sunday, February 9, 2014

Welcome!

Welcome to the grand opening of Timberleigh Baby. I am so excited that you are here! I sell items for both babies and mamas. See the "Shop" page for all my different products. To view or purchase an item click on the thumbnail and you'll be redirected to my Etsy store.

The story of Timberleigh Baby has a long story, dating back to when I was a child learning how to sew and making simple projects. My mother and I would go to the fabric store together to pick out just the right fabric and pattern. Some projects turned out great, like my A-skirt, homecoming dress and colonial dress costume. Some turned out not as great, like my pajama bottoms that were too short in the leg and too low in the crotch. But whether the project was a success or failure, it was always a learning experience and a memory I will also remember. As my large family grew bigger with more and more little ones, we loved to make blankets or other baby things as baby shower gifts.

My mother had the idea to start Timberleigh Baby as a business back in 2011, but it wasn't until January of 2014 that I decided to put it into action. However, the mission has remained the same: Create products that allow both kids and parents to cherish the simple joys of childhood. Until July, all of the items that I sell will directly support my missions trip to Bangladesh this summer. Click the widget on the side panel of this site to support my campaign!

Timberleigh Baby is inspired by my own childhood experiences growing up on the  family farm in Howard County, Maryland. My brothers, sisters, cousins, aunts, and uncles had many amazing times on the farm. I'll be using this blog to share some of these sweet memories (and maybe some pictures too if I can find them) as well as the back stories (and some tutorials) behind some of the products that I make. Enjoy and come back often!

No comments :

Post a Comment